toggle

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

[TW] problem in P A R A D I S E, #JAIL | AIS | June 9, 2018
Jt York
 Posted: Jun 7 2018, 03:19 PM
Knight
17 AGE
451 POSTS
Senior

NOTE: Mentions of Disordered Eating/EDs throughout

As soon as he sure that all of the work he'd done was properly saved for later, all equipment properly shut down, and the pages to various different jewelry sites bookmarked, JT slung his backpack over his shoulder and left the studios. His feet quickly made their way to the Health Center, swerving around classmates to avoid them in his rush. He glanced his phone once or twice, just to make sure Kailin's brother hadn't given an update. When he finally reached the Center, he immediately look for Kailin's door, knocking tentatively. Her brother bad said she was fine, but still. He wanted to make sure.
PM
^
Kailin Bishop
 Posted: Jun 7 2018, 05:21 PM
Elite
17 AGE
289 POSTS
KU Freshman

Kailin really didn't understand how she found herself sitting in urgent care, an IV in her arm distributing fluids. She had texted Jake in the morning asking for a run, but he didn't wake up until later on (who wakes up at 11 am?) and she still figured it'd be fine to go out, despite the heat. Well, all of that was a lie: she had a clue now based off of what the doctor said, but she hardly wanted to believe it.

She also hated that she let Jake stay in the room when he told her.

According to the person who came in with her chart and her tests, they told her that no, she wasn't pregnant (which was something she had never been afraid of up until recently oops), she wasn't on drugs (obviously), and she wasn't actually sick. They did say, however, that they believed part of the reason why she collapsed was due to potential malnutrition, especially as an athlete. They also stated it could have been in conjunction with the heat. Her BMI sat at 16, 105 lbs, when she should have been minimum 113, though he advised about 125.

At that point she asked Jake to leave and they continued the conversation. He asked a series of questions that essentially added up to trying to inquire about her mental state which scared the hell out of her, if she were honest. She explained that she figured her lack of body weight came from her athletic status, but he also asked how often she ate and other followups. Kailin explained she was fine, and that she'd occasionally skip a meal because she'd fall asleep studying or just didn't have time with all the extra curriculars but ultimately gave no more information.

He recommended she start maintaining a more consistent eating routine and ensure she drank plenty of fluids on hot days like this, but ultimately they left her to her own devices with the IV fluids. Jake was off getting something for her (after giving her absolute hell for letting herself get that low) and she was sitting alone when she heard the knocking.

"You can come in if you aren't going to chew me out again!" She said, thinking that it was her brother at the door, entirely unaware that it was her boyfriend on the other side.
PM
^
Jt York
 Posted: Jun 7 2018, 10:43 PM
Knight
17 AGE
451 POSTS
Senior

JT raised a brow at the words that passed through the door, but he proposed a smile on anyway and turned the knob. "I don't think I have a reason to chew you out," he laughed lightly as he approached her chair. He noted the IV drip, worry increasing slightly but reminding himself that she at least [I]looked[/b] okay. Jake had said she'd fainted, maybe it was because of the heat? It had gotten hotter in the last week or so. The young man carefully placed his bag on the floor beside her seat as he leaned to kiss her lips lightly. "How are you feeling, Princess?" he asked softly, a concerned look in his eyes clouding his usually bright smile.
PM
^
Kailin Bishop
 Posted: Jun 7 2018, 10:55 PM
Elite
17 AGE
289 POSTS
KU Freshman

She expected her brother and she got her boyfriend which, depending at what angle Kailin looked at it, could be a blessing or a curse. The blonde was genuinely happy to see a smiling face but on the same token, she didn't exactly want to admit what the doctor told her.

Kailin smiled gently, though it failed to reach her eyes, when he leaned down and kissed her. "Hey," She said softly, trying not to focus on the concern in his eyes. She was fine, after all. She just needed to eat a little more and drink more water. "I'm as okay as I'll ever be with a needle in my arm," She tried to joke though even she admitted it fell short, "Doctor said it may have been heat exhaustion," She offered, carefully. "Jake didn't get up until 11 and I still wanted to run so I guess I didn't drink enough ."
PM
^
Jt York
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 09:41 AM
Knight
17 AGE
451 POSTS
Senior

His smiled widened for a moment as she assured him she was fine. "Okay," he nodded as he found a chair and pulled it up beside her. Heat exhaustion. He'd thought so. But something still felt off, and he wasn't quite sure what it was. "Well, I'm glad Jake was with you," he said a she took her hand in his. "At least someone was able to take you here," he continued, hand clasped around her tightly. Even JT hadn't realised just how worried he'd been when he initially got her brother's text message. "If you'd gone by yourself and you passed out..." he trailed off, exhaling deeply. "I'm sorry," his voice returned to normal, or as close to normal as he could. "I was just worried," he offered a smile, giving her hand a squeeze. "But you're all good?" he asked, looking into her blue eyes. He just wanted to know, to make sure.
PM
^
Kailin Bishop
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 10:56 AM
Elite
17 AGE
289 POSTS
KU Freshman

Kailin felt... awful. Not for the reason she sat there hooked up to an IV drip to rehydrate her system, but for the worry that crossed his features and laced his tone, even as he attempted to pull another smile on his face. To Kailin, she didn’t want him to think of her as a girl who needed help (to her, that kind of negative attention lost its appeal long ago), she didn’t want him to think she was weak for getting to the point in which she had. “Hey,” She said softly, offering a light squeeze, “He was there and I’m okay.

Kailin thought the conversation was over except she heard the door open and her head picked up to see her younger brother with a box and drink in his hands. Kailin’s heart started to race some (which the monitor that her finger was attached to picked up), staring at Jake and hoping he said nothing.

Oh good. Wait, aren’t you like the DJ at every damn event that KPYA puts on?” Jake grinned with an amused glint in his eye.

Kailin interjected, her anxiety spiking some, “Yeah, Jake, this is JT. JT, one of my little brothers, Jake.” The blonde kept her blue eyes fixated on him and knew, based off of past experiences, something was coming, especially considering that he had a habit of over sharing things she did not want shared.

Jake stepped forward, placing the food on the table beside her, “Gotcha a veggie burger. I would have sat here and watched you eat it, but it looks like you got JT over here to do that. You need to put on some damn weight.” Kailin bit her lip. Maybe JT wouldn’t question it? God, she hoped not.

Thanks,” She said, grabbing at the box that he gave her and looking inside, “I’ll eat it in a bit.” At this point, she wasn’t even hungry at all.
PM
^
Jt York
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 01:26 PM
Knight
17 AGE
451 POSTS
Senior

He nodded at her assurance. He had no reason to doubt her, after all. When the door opened, he turned around to see one of her brothers, the one he assumed was Jake. A sheepish smile crossed his face at the boy's words. "Uh, yeah, sort of," he gave an embarrassed laugh, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "Nice to meet you," he said, offering his hand for a shake. "And thanks for telling me about your sister. I really appreciate it, man," he continued, sitting back down. He didn't want to meet any of her family in this way, but at least Jake had been there to help his sister. He watched as Jake placed the food beside Kailin, though it was the boy's words that really caught his attention. His eyes immediately flickered to the blonde, the question already forming in his mind. "Don't you wanna eat it now?" he asked, brows furrowed slightly. "It might help you feel better," he said with half a smile.
PM
^
Kailin Bishop
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 02:15 PM
Elite
17 AGE
289 POSTS
KU Freshman

Kailin saw Jake shake JT's hand and, had this been any other situation, the blonde would have smiled. Instead, the sentiments were lost on the fact that she knew Jake to be protective and a bit too open with information, something the blonde did not want. She'd eat and be more careful of letting herself forget now that she knew, but she also wanted JT to not worry about her in the way that she knew he would.

"Sweet, Your sets at K-Fest were fucking great." The boy offered, taking his hand with a solid grip, "No problem. When she kind of came to, she asked me to text you to say she was okay." His green eyes met her blue and his brow raised, surely because of her words. Kailin realized that probably wasn't a good idea and she tentatively grabbed the food that he left, nodding at JT, eyes falling to her lap where she moved the box.

"Yeah, yeah, you're right." Kailin took a small bite to hopefully satisfy both of the eyes that were on her, one more brutal than the other. She wasn't hungry, not after all this chaos and the anxiety that it brought up, but if she didn't want her boyfriend to ask anymore questions, she knew she had to at least eat what Jake gave her.

Luckily, Jake seemed somewhat satisfied, more than likely because JT was there and able to continue monitoring her. Normally it was her watching out for her twin brothers from doing stupid stuff, so now that the tables were turned, she really didn't know how to react. Kailin glanced at him with pleading eyes, and it seemed Jake understood.

"So, it was nice meeting you JT, but looks like Kales wants some alone time with you or something so I think I'm gonna bounce. Finals and all that." He turned to the door and was about to leave when he stopped and looked back at her, gaze stern, "Finish it, Kales." And with that, the blonde was alone with JT, and she let out a breath, setting down the veggie burger and moving it off to the side for just a moment.

"I-I'm sorry for scaring you."
PM
^
Jt York
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 03:27 PM
Knight
17 AGE
451 POSTS
Senior

JT grinned in thanks, nodding his head at the compliment and trying to hide the light flush on his cheeks. At the new information, he glanced at Kailin, giving her a small smile. He watched her take a bite, though his mind tried to connect the dots between her actions and Jake's words. At Jake's announcement, JT nodded once more as he stood to give the boy another handshake. "Good luck," he called out as the boy turned. But his next words made JT focus his attention on the blonde hooked up to the IV. "Don't be sorry,"[b] he said soothingly, sitting back down and taking her hand in his again. [B]"It's not your fault. I'm just glad you're not hurt," he pressed on. JT paused, unsure if it was even his place to ask, but what could it hurt? "Why do I feel like there's something I'm missing though," he stated, brows scrunched up together in confusion and worry. "Why do you need to put on weight?" he asked tentatively, again, unsure if it was even his place to ask.
PM
^
Kailin Bishop
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 05:46 PM
Elite
17 AGE
289 POSTS
KU Freshman

With the release of Jake and the quiet beeping of the monitor, her arm straight so as to not tangle the drip, Kailin felt she could breathe for just a moment. The blonde took the deep breaths and closed her eyes, listening to the beeping slow to a more steady pace.

It was odd being able to tell when her anxiety started acting up.

The moment was short lived, however, with JT’s inquiry. Who would have thought she would feel so panicked to have to tell JT, but on the same token, she had never felt ashamed of her actions or her physical state before. “The doctors said I was a little underweight,” Kailin said quietly, hand receding and eyes falling downward. She probably could have played it off as if it were nothing, normally she probably would have, but with her added anxiety her ability to play it cool had been restricted.

I’m fine though. Really.
PM
^
Jt York
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 09:04 PM
Knight
17 AGE
451 POSTS
Senior

The muscles around his eyes twitched for a brief moment at that word, underweight,. His hand stayed in place as she distanced hers and his eyes fell on it, to focus, if nothing else. His heart hammered n his chest and blood pounded in his ears. How could he be so blind?! How could he not have noticed this about his own girlfriend? He remained quiet for a moment after she spoke, trying to calm his rapidly beating heart while trying to find words to say. His head slowly bobbed in a nod. "Okay," he said in a low tone. "How many pounds do you need to gain?" he continued, lifting his head to look at her.
PM
^
Kailin Bishop
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 09:54 PM
Elite
17 AGE
289 POSTS
KU Freshman

The blonde saw the way that his face flushed after she brought her eyes back up to look at his face. His sudden shift in tone hit her like a knife to the heart, and her brows furrowed.

I-” She started but stopped herself short, not really sure if she wanted to admit the actual number but felt like if she lied to him, he’d find out anyway. “The doctor said I should be at least 125. I’m 105.” Kailin kept her arm straight but her eyes fell to her lap. She knew it wasn’t good. She knew she shouldn’t have gotten this far, but she also didn’t intend for it to go this far. She didn’t really think skipping meals would end up like this (but to be fair, she’d go entire days without eating just because she was so busy).

I- I swear I didn’t even realize...
PM
^
Jt York
 Posted: Jun 9 2018, 01:42 PM
Knight
17 AGE
451 POSTS
Senior

JT listened as she spoke, trying his best to keep his breathing even, his features from reacting, his composure together. The hand in the table clenched itself into a fist and he took a couple, quiet, deep breaths. Twenty pounds. TWENTY pounds!! How could this have happened? How could he have not noticed when he didn't see her eat throughout an entire day. (Yes, he did stupidly think she ate when he wasn't around -- because what would even make him think otherwise -- and now he's been proven wrong. People are right: when you assume, you make an ass out of yourself.) How had he not have noticed how much lighter she was now than before. JT retreated his clenched fist back to his lap, covering it with his other hand, an attempt to stop it's shaking. He was angry, livid, really. But not at Kailin. "Okay," he finally spoke, slowly, trying to keep his voice from wavering as he attempted to sound normal. "What do we have to do to fix it?" he continued, moving his chair closer to hers. "Do you need like a special diet or vitamins or what? How do we make you better, healthy, again?" he pressed, as he looked at her and tried to catch her eyes. He didn't mean to make it sound like she was sick, but losing twenty pounds wasn't something he thought they should ignore.
PM
^
Kailin Bishop
 Posted: Jun 9 2018, 02:29 PM
Elite
17 AGE
289 POSTS
KU Freshman

It wasn't hard to tell with his body language that he was angry - or at least stunned, but her anxiety said angry - what with his shaking, clenched fist that he attempted to cover. Once he spoke, Kailin bit her lip and the beeping only increased on the monitor. "I just have to make sure I eat more frequently. I'll be okay," She tried to insist.

Had she realized that her weight was falling pretty consistently (she didn't work out to lose or gain weight, nor did her diet come from a necessity to be 'healthy') she would have paid more attention to those moments where she wasn't hungry and would have eaten anyway. Did that stop her from avoiding his gaze? No, not at all. She couldn't bring herself to look at him after the confession of the reality of her state, especially seeing and hearing his reaction.

"But now that I know I'll be more careful. I swear it's not as bad as it sounds, JT. I'm okay."
PM
^
Jt York
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 03:31 PM
Knight
17 AGE
451 POSTS
Senior

"You're not okay, though," JT said slowly, eyes still on her. "Twenty pounds, Kailin?" he continued, disbelief still in his voice. How could he not have noticed? How could she not notice? "It's not as bad as it sounds... Right now," he stated, frustration -- at the situation, at himself -- building up inside him. "What if you stop eating again? What if," he paused and breathed deeply, staring at her, eyes full of confusion, frustration, and pain. "What if next time it's worse? What if next time, there's no one around? Not me, not any of your siblings," his voice trailed and his eyes fell on his hands. "I just got you, I'm not trying to lose you already," he sighed. He knew he was being... Extreme. Jake probably already did the scolding routine, but he couldn't help it. The last several weeks with Kailin, and their new relationship, and had changed so much in his life. Yes, their friendship had given him great memories and an even better friend. But now, it was different. He could see her in ways he'd never even considered before, and not just in the physical sense. He could see a future with her, and he wasn't willing to let it go so easily.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Topsites
RPG-D Rockin Roleplay roleplay ads
Sister Sites
Static
Resolution
Scrolling