New Poll

Family Values, Siblings for Bailey
Bailey Collins
 Posted: Oct 30 2017, 05:22 AM
JesterA
16 AGE
79 POSTS
Junior

Okay, so this is going to be a bit of an extensive want ad. I'm going to flood you with familial information first before I go in and give you information on the two characters that I'm actually requesting. Why am I doing that? Because this family has a certain dynamic that I need other people to be fully aware of. If that scares you, I'm totally and completely sorry! But without further ado, here are the Collinses,

ABOUT THE FAMILY:

This family is incredibly poor. Both parents work two jobs to support their children's hobbies and talents: Daddy Collins is a part-time mechanic and the football coach for the KPYA varsity team. Mama Collins is a Kingston school nurse as well as a part-time cook at Pop's Diner. Their kids go to KPYA and KU only because of the lowered tuition and partial scholarships. They are incredibly tight-knit and they tell each other absolutely everything -- in most cases, anyway. They are supportive, they are trustworthy, they do everything they can to get by. They are also very, very prideful. They do not accept handouts or charity if they can absolutely help it. They don't take it lightly if one of their ranks is being picked on or bullied, and they always stand up for what they believe in.

The Collins are religious [they are all Catholic] but they don't always go to church, feeling that they can worship God and practice their faith anywhere they please. Most people believe that the 'purity rings' each of the Collins children wear are promises they've made to God and/or their church, when in reality it is a promise to themselves and to their family that they won't have sex until they're sure it means something or they're going to get married. Many people look down on this family but the Collins ignore them -- they ignore anyone who would stand in their way.

THE NPC FAMILY:

PAPA COLLINS: He is referred to as 'Clay' in Bailey's shipper. He's a family man through and through. He has a huge heart and high cholesterol and Bailey is often reminding him to eat healthier and get more exercise like he asks of his players. He secretly favours Bailey as she is the only one to really understand his way of thinking -- plus she gets her interest in mechanics from him. He loves all of his children, of course, and would do literally anything for them. He is a fighter through and through and more often than not will give in to his children's whims and wishes more than Mama Collins will. Papa is 42 years old and his face claim would be Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

MAMA COLLINS: She is referred to as 'Bella' in Bailey's app. She's a formidable, but lovable woman who takes no shit from anyone -- including her own children. First and foremost, Mama Collins is one of the head nurses at the Kingston Health Center. She takes her job very seriously. Mostly this is because she doesn't want anyone to follow in her footsteps and end up a teen parent like she was. Mama also does part-time work at Pops on the weekends. There's one thing about her that only her husband knows: She's of Romani heritage, and it's because they live in the south and because of the prejudices against 'Gypsies' that she hides this; even her children do not know this about her. Mama is 36 years old and her face claim would be Rose Byrne.

LIL SIS COLLINS: She is referred to as 'Sophie' in Bailey's app. She's a freshman at Kingston and she's definitely the wallflower sort. She's just now starting to explore her sexuality and often comes to her siblings for advice. She looks up to all three of them and while she is not dependant on them, she certainly uses them as her role models in life. She generally favours 'Ruby' most of all. Lil Sis Collins is incredibly gifted musically and plays more than one instrument, one of which is the violin, the instrument that got her a full scholarship to KPYA. Lil Sis Collins is 14 years old and her face claim would be Georgie Henley.

ABOUT THEIR HOME:

They live in a run-down old 3 bedroom house with an extensive attic space on the outskirts of town. They own two really crappy cars that constantly break down and need fixing. Both cars and the home are in a constant state of disrepair and even though the kids have dorms at Kingston, they go home every weekend to spend time with each other. Nothing they own is ever new. Their washer, dryer, dishwasher, etc are all at least 10 or 15 years old. Their furniture is mismatched and most likely came from the thrift shops in downtown Monticello.

The way the home is laid out in my head goes as follows:
  • Ruby, Bailey, & Sophie all share the master bedroom. Sophie and Bailey share a bunk while Ruby has a twin. Seeing as they're all relatively close in size, they probably all [willingly] share clothes because, hey, when you're poor, you can't be picky and 3 wardrobes are better than one.
  • Mama & Papa have the second largest bedroom, because, y'know, two people. I imagine it's probably off limits to the kids because mama probably has some of her old Romani heritage things stored in some kind of hope chest or something.
  • Being the only boy, Robbie gets the smallest bedroom. Somehow I kind of seeing him not minding because, let's face it: It's either the smallest bedroom or sharing with at least two of his sisters.
  • The attic space has been turned into a sort of study/practice area for the girls. I can imagine there being a crudely built soundproof room for Sophie to practice in. A small area of maybe some really nicely polished wood floor with a full-length vanity mirror and homemade barre for Bailey. And what I can only imagine as a whole huge homemade desk setup for all three girls to study schoolwork at.
  • For sanity's sake, let's say it's at least 1 and a half bathrooms. The master would have the half bath. Though something tells me with four women in the house, all the bathrooms are constantly in use.
  • The garage most likely holds nothing car related but is probably Robbie and Clay's 'mancave'. Maybe an old TV, some ratty couches they've probably salvaged from being tossed out or something like that. Constantly breaking down mini-fridge for beer, snacks, etc.
  • This somehow is a two-car family. But trust me when I say the cars are not new. Could maybe even be a three-car if Robbie somehow managed to get his own. I feel like they've probably got old beaten down cars that last forever [probably like old Toyotas or Subarus BC seriously? Those cars run forever]
  • The poor dining room is probably not big enough to hold anything more than the family dinner table and the small desk with the old, totally-not-flat-screen family desktop. They're probably still running really crappy DSL and it's probably slow, but it's functional for homework and some IM communications and such.
  • Livingroom has absolutely no matching furniture. I feel like there's probably a good sized couch, a loveseat, and an old ratty recliner that's actually still so comfy that everyone fights over it. The TV is one of those old giant monsters that weighs 100 tons, is a big old box, but it functions well and they can gather round and watch movies together. They probably have the cheapest cable package they can get, but own a whole ton of VHS and DVDs and most of their TV activities involve watching movies. I feel like getting new DVDs is probably a special treat and maybe each week or month or whatever, each family member picks the one they want and they pool together money to get them, BC hey, entertainment.
  • The kitchen has all the basic appliances but the dishwasher probably constantly breaks down/leaks, and the freezer probably isn't so great on the fridge. The microwave door probably has to be held shut with a wooden spoon, the toaster probably only toasts when it wants to, and the coffee pot is probably the newest, most expensive thing in the kitchen.
And without further ado and after all of that reading, I now present the actual want ad -- in the following post xD
PMEmail
^
Bailey Collins
 Posted: Oct 30 2017, 05:23 AM
JesterA
16 AGE
79 POSTS
Junior

BIG BROTHER COLLINS:

user posted image

Let's refer to him as Robbie like in Bailey's app. He was excellent at baseball in school and went to KPYA on a partial scholarship to cover the extra costs left over from his reduced tuition. He graduated KPYA and was offered a spot on a local semi-pro team with the idea that he could go pro. But just recently he suffered an injury which put his baseball dreams on hold. He's now back at Kingston University as a freshman under a full scholarship -- on the condition that he also assistant coaches the KPYA varsity team.

You are absolutely welcome to change his name. He is now 20 years old and he is a freshman/1st year at Kingston University. Although that gif up there is of Nick Robinson, his face claim is completely negotiable -- as long as you talk to me first! I'm just terrible at picking male faces. His personality and any other bits of his history that haven't already been laid out are up to the player who takes him on.

BIG SISTER COLLINS:

user posted image

Let's refer to her as Ruby like in Bailey's app. Ruby is really smart. She might not be a genius, but she does excellent in anything academic. She's constantly studying and has a few little habits and quirks that probably drive her friends and family a little bit nutty at times. She and Bailey are close, but they do tend to bicker a bit, but usually always work it out in the end. Family is everything for all of them.

As with Robbie, you are absolutely allowed to change her name. She would be 17 or 18 and a senior at KPYA. Her face claim is 100% non-negotiable and it is Zoey Deutsch and that's because Zoey and Kelli have always looked like siblings to me anyway. Anything about her personality and history that hasn't been mentioned is up to the player who takes her!
RESERVED BY CELINE
PMEmail
^
Bailey Collins
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 02:15 AM
JesterA
16 AGE
79 POSTS
Junior

B U M P I N G !

Re-opening this because I'd really love to have Bailey's siblings back on board! "Robbie's" face claim is up for negotiation, however "Ruby's" is not! Names are also up for negotiation! PM My Emily account, reply here, or DM me on Discord to talk details!
PMEmail
^
Bailey Collins
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 07:15 PM
JesterA
16 AGE
79 POSTS
Junior

B U M P I N G !

Bumping again to see if we can get any takers on "Robbie" now that we have our "Ruby" being worked on!
PMEmail
^
Landon Adler
 Posted: Jun 18 2018, 09:09 PM
Knight
16 AGE
14 POSTS
Junior

Pst... my idea for my royal is falling through the cracks, so until I can make them 100% perfect (probably not for a while) I am taking up a 3rd character because I just do that sort of crap to stress myself out. Even though 3 isn't stressful, 5 is stressful. Actually, no not really. And I am rambling. Eep. Anywho... Can I take Robbie? Just under a name change? But yeah... It's all your choice. I mean, it's your wanted ad. Sorry for bothering you though, once more. I need to stop running into you. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/sleep.gif
PM
^
Bailey Collins
 Posted: Jun 18 2018, 09:46 PM
JesterA
16 AGE
79 POSTS
Junior

Landon Adler

Go for it. And a name change is just fine <3
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Topsites
RPG-D Rockin Roleplay roleplay ads
Sister Sites
Static
Resolution
Scrolling