New Poll

High School Confessional, #Eliya 05/26 After Party
Elias Moreno-Garcia
 Posted: May 31 2018, 01:38 PM
Knight
18 AGE
166 POSTS
Senior

The intentionally lax-ruled after party came quickly, the prom aspect of the night hardly was the main attraction. People got hotel rooms (he, unfortunately, did not though he probably should have), changed for the night, and went down to get drunk, high, and all of the things that KTV loved.

Things had been slowly fizzling out between himself and Anya; the tensions were still there, certainly, but after finally making it to the bowling alley and eventually ending up having an enjoyable night. He made it his mission to at least bring her coffee every so often, maybe a treat whenever he could, just to get back to the place that he was before.

Even still, something was off with her, and she still tried to fight with him in ways that she didn’t prior to all of this madness. He took himself to her when she separated from Griff (he didn’t want to intrude any) “Hey, you mind if I steal you away?” He had two drinks in his hands, one for her, and one for him. He could only hope she said yes.
PM
^
Anya Andrejczyk
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 01:23 AM
RoyalA
16 AGE
366 POSTS
Junior

Prom had been ... Anya couldn't really describe it. Despite Griffin's utter lack of giving her a decent and meaningful promposal like she'd really wanted, she had still had a lot of fun. She just really had wanted a more meaningful promposal. Oh well, there was always next year. She and Griffin had all but lost each other throughout the night dancing and cuddling and eating. They'd spent some time apart of course with their respective friend groups, but still managed to find themselves back in the other's arms later on.

After snagging them a room to come back to later on -- thank you, mom's American Express -- they headed off to the after party to have more fun. Griff had spotted someone he wanted to talk to and had let Anya go off on her own for a short while.

It wasn't long before she was approached by Eli. Things were still awkward between them and Anya wasn't sure what to make of it. Bowling had been fun, but it didn't feel like it used to; nothing with Eli did anymore. She wasn't sure if it was because she was dating his best friend, if it was because she was off the market at all, or if it was because of their fight.

Long gone were the moments she could share with him where he could just hold her and she would feel better. Long gone were the times when he always knew what she was thinking or feeling before she even knew it herself. Some time within the last couple of months, things had shifted and Any didn't like the shift.

She didn't like losing her best friend -- if he even was her best friend anymore. She looked up at him with a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes and took the drink meant for her. "Not at all, Eli," she mumbled just loudly enough for him and only him to hear. Cameras were everywhere and KTV was trying to shit on anyone and everyone lately -- and Anya wanted no part in that.

Elias Moreno-Garcia
PMEmail
^
Elias Moreno-Garcia
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 01:40 AM
Knight
18 AGE
166 POSTS
Senior

The distance, the fight, had really just strained everything in a way that left Eli wondering if anything would ever return to normal. There was a sense of hopelessness that the young man felt about the whole thing that he tended to try and avoid, but seeing as though her smile seemed forced (as it usually did lately), he wanted to turn away. This was more than a bruised ego - this was heartbreak.

Regardless, he didn't let his expression falter, nor did he let his tone fall when he spoke with her. "C'mon," He said simply, jerking his head in a direction to indicate that's where he wanted to go. He wanted to get away from the party and and away from all the chaos for just a moment, one he hoped wouldn't end in another fight. He just wanted to talk, that was all. Eli waited for her to start walking before he continued alongside her. Even throughout prom, they hardly saw one another and that wasn't for Eli's lack of trying.

"Never thought I'd be in a fucking mansion," He chuckled lightly as he continued to walk away from the noise and started to explore the more... isolated parts of the place. Cameras were everywhere, certainly, but he wouldn't make it easy to find them. After all, he didn't know what he wanted out of this, but maybe... hopefully he'd come to an understanding. Something to comprehend all of this.
PM
^
Anya Andrejczyk
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 01:53 AM
RoyalA
16 AGE
366 POSTS
Junior

Anya watched him carefully. She still knew him, or so she told herself. She still knew the boy she'd grown to love in her own way over the past three years. They'd been so close -- as close as, sometimes closer than her and Griffin were. She didn't want to lose him, but she was also afraid to tell him so. He'd seen her weak and vulnerable enough as it was, he didn't need to see her being pitiful, either.

Maybe that's why she still kept him at arm's length.

If she let him in and expressed concern and how she really felt, he'd turn and run again; he'd leave her high and dry like he had before. She was afraid to lose him, truly she was, she just didn't know how to express it in a way that didn't sound disrespectful to her relationship. It wasn't like that anyway. She knew where the boundaries were and she wasn't going to cross them, she had no reason to.

She started walking and noted when he fell into step beside her. It was a familiar, comfortable feeling and Anya felt herself relaxing a little bit, sipping at her drink as they walked. She grinned after the first taste; Eli always made her drink exactly perfect. She nudged his arm with her shoulder just a little, playfully, tentatively. "You could own one someday, you know," she told him. "Big football career, maybe a modeling career with those latino good looks you've inherited from your mami and papi," she giggled slightly at her terrible attempt at an accent that wasn't her own barely-there Polish one.
PMEmail
^
Elias Moreno-Garcia
 Posted: Jun 2 2018, 12:53 AM
Knight
18 AGE
166 POSTS
Senior

Immediately his gaze shifted down to the girl beside him, genuinely grinning at her perceptions of his future. Maybe he'd own a mansion, or rather have the ability to own such a thing, but the guy who preferred simplicity didn't think he'd really strive for something like that. Maybe a nice apartment, sure, but a mansion? The only reason he'd do that would be to house his family.

"My mami would thank you for that compliment," He chuckled, but he shrugged a single shoulder at her actual comment, "Maybe, but I wouldn't know what to do with all the ridiculous amount of space." Hell, deciding what he wanted on his side of the dorm room was difficult so he just... didn't. The walls were relatively bare minus a calendar and a cork board.

He took a sip of his drink, eyes looking forward, "But you know, there is a hefty price to pay for my Mexican charm." He chuckled. What that was? He wasn't exactly sure, so he let her fill in the blanks instead. "So how's the drink?"
PM
^
Anya Andrejczyk
 Posted: Jun 2 2018, 01:59 AM
RoyalA
16 AGE
366 POSTS
Junior

"But do you?" she asked him in return about the compliment. Once upon a time Eli would have just shot back with a narcissistic remark about the whole thing or teased her about her terrible accent ... But this time he didn't and it threw Anya off a little bit.

She went quiet as they walked and took another sip of her drink, letting her mind wander as other people wound around them on the path they were taking. They were getting further and further from the main house but Anya didn't mind. The almost silence from the quieting music was more relaxing.

Anya felt her hand brush up against Eli's when she stumbled a little bit in the dark and she quickly pulled away, unsure if he wanted her to touch him or not. "It's goo," she replied to his question. "Perfect, like always." She stopped when she saw a bench underneath a willow tree and beckoned him to follow her over to sit down together. "I was going to ask what exactly the price was for your charm," she started once she had sat down. "But I ... I want to know ... Are you ... I mean ... Are you jealous of Griffin? Are you upset at me because I'm off the market? Did ... Do ... I mean ... Did you want to date me ...?" Her voice got quieter and quieter the more she talked. These were questions she didn't know that she wanted the answers to, but she had to ask -- even if it meant showing that vulnerable side to him that she was so scared to show.
PMEmail
^
Elias Moreno-Garcia
 Posted: Jun 6 2018, 01:31 AM
Knight
18 AGE
166 POSTS
Senior

Maybe if he didn't feel like he was prepared to accept an explosion at any moment he could be back to his normal self, the one that was willing to make some stupid comment about how he was damn sexy or something of the like. He just... he couldn't."But do I? " He asked, not quite understanding the question she posed.

The silence was deafening, as cliche as that sounded, seeing as though he had plenty he wished to say and plenty he genuinely wanted to do. The tough-guy did have to admit that he missed the way she rode on his back, or the way her hand traced his skin when they used to lie together. Maybe he missed the intimacy of having the young woman beside him simply because he had lost it in its entirety. "Glad I haven't lost my touch" He said with an slight quirk of his lips, completely ignoring the feeling of his ever dropping stomach.

With a brow raised, he watched her curiously as she diverted away from their original path and almost instinctively he followed, even before she could beckon him to follow. He sat down beside her, bringing the cup up to his lips once again and taking a much larger drink this time before setting it beside him. He blinked at all her questions. Did the willow tree have some sort of power or something because everything she said seemed so... out of place. But then again, it also felt the most honest out of everything that occurred over the past few weeks.

He shook his head gently, "I'm not jealous of Griffin," And that much was true. Griff was his best friend and he only wished to see the guy happy. Him being with Anya didn't really have much of an effect on him aside from the fact that he couldn't be with Anya as intimately as before. Sure, it sucked, but he respected both of them enough for that to not really become an issue.

Her follow up questions seemed even more strange, "I'm not mad at you at all, M. Even if I had a reason to be, you being 'off the market' wouldn't be one." He almost wondered why these questions were being asked now. Was this the reason she kept trying to fight with him? That she was unsure of what he wanted with her? "I don't know. Maybe at some point I did? But now I'm just more concerned with repairing all of this, somehow. I don't know."
PM
^
Anya Andrejczyk
 Posted: Jun 6 2018, 01:45 AM
RoyalA
16 AGE
366 POSTS
Junior

"Thank me ... For the compliment," she replied once more. She wasn't sure how this new them was ever going to make it out of this awkward stage. She wanted to be playful again; she wanted to ask for piggyback rides and hold his hand like she'd done a million times with all of her other friends. But she wasn't sure if he would let her -- or if Griffin would let her. She could cuddle with her girl friends, but it wasn't the same, it wasn't as comforting as being able to let Eli wrap his arms around her when she needed to actually cry on someone's shoulder.

As terrible as it sounded and as terrible as it was, Eli was her go-to for problems. Griffin had so many more important things on his plate and Anya never wanted to add any of that burden onto him with her own problems. She knew that he wanted her to, but it seemed so completely unfair of her to lay it out that way. But on the opposing side of that, she had to learn to let herself be as free with Griffin as she once had been with Elias ... It was just proving difficult at the moment.

"But," she started, quietly, eyes still on the ground. "I know that I was basically your girl, your favourite. I'm your best friend -- or I guess I was at one time. And now it's all changed. We don't hug or sit close; we don't hang out ... We're just ... we're this. We're awkward ..." And I don't like it, she finished silently.

Hearing that he ahd wanted to date her at one point only further made her feel like a terrible person and she scoot back in the chair, knees drawing up to her chest. "I didn't ... I should have ... I'm sorry, Elias ..." The back of her throat burned tightly. Just by dating Griffin she had ruined something good. Just by arguing with Eli before that she had put them on the path of ruining that same good thing. As usual, Anya was at fault for everyone's misery. "I mess everything up ... And now I've gone and messed us up, too ..."

Elias Moreno-Garcia
PMEmail
^
Elias Moreno-Garcia
 Posted: Jun 6 2018, 02:52 AM
Knight
18 AGE
166 POSTS
Senior

Well, if he could end this seemingly endless awkward phase, he gladly would have tossed it in the abyss and never associate with it again. Instead, they were both stuck in this tentative back and forth where one person was scared of the reaction of the other. Elias was, certainly, afraid of having her blow up on him again. All he ever wanted was to help her, but it just blew up in all the wrong ways. "I mean, yeah."

He grew accustomed to the presence of her over the years, whether it came down to being that shoulder she cried on if she needed it or being the one she ranted to or even just random things she wanted to chat about. The thing is that he knew the reason why she seemed to change. Sophomore year was awful, but the first anniversary of her dad's death was when she really started to drift away and he hated it.

Eli could only just listen to her with his lips turned down. It wasn't that he didn't like Anya - he cared about her immensely - but he always felt she was better as a friend than as a true lover. Maybe that came with his own insecurities about monogamy, but he appreciated the relationship they developed (minus the ongoing hiccup) so dating her never really felt like it was in the cards. It didn't matter to him because regardless, she was always there. He moved closer to her and tentatively wrapped his arm around her. "Yeah, we're in a rut, but that doesn't mean you aren't my best friend, chiquita." Anya had her own demons to face and that was partially to blame for all of this, but he wouldn't give up.

He gave her a gently yet firm squeeze, "I know you're having a hard time and I know my word doesn't hold as much merit as it did before but.. you being in my life is more important than any issues we have or are gonna have. You just gotta let me back in."
PM
^
Anya Andrejczyk
 Posted: Jun 6 2018, 03:10 AM
RoyalA
16 AGE
366 POSTS
Junior

Every bad thought, every bad feeling started diminishing the moment Elias put his arm around her. Despite the weight he added, it felt like a huge weight had actually been lifted from her. The acceptance she gave him for touching her and the fact that he let himself touch her to comfort her was the biggest, most amazing feeling to her in that moment.

For the first time in a little over a month, she felt like things might turn out alright in the end.

She didn't hesitate to slip her arms around his torso and bury her face into his chest as her body turned slightly to accommodate Eli's newfound closeness. She hadn't wanted to, but suddenly she was crying, wetting his shirt like she had a hundred times before. She gripped him tightly as he talked to her in that gentle tone of his that she was so used to and closed her eyes. This was how it always should have been. When he finished talking, Anya struggled to remember the Spanish he'd been attempting to teach her and she'd been attempting to learn through some mobile apps. She wasn't sure if she said it right -- or even what all she said -- but for his sake, she whispered out a small phrase just for him. "Tú no eres mi mejor amigo, eres mi familia." It was true, though. Elias wasn't just her friend, just like Griffin wasn't just her boyfriend; the three of them were family and it would always be that way.

Elias Moreno-Garcia
PMEmail
^
Elias Moreno-Garcia
 Posted: Jun 6 2018, 03:44 AM
Knight
18 AGE
166 POSTS
Senior

He had to admit, feeling her arms slip around him in response to his initial gesture sent a wave of relief over him. He expected her to jerk away, to flinch, given their past month. This time, it felt like it used to be, and Eli enveloped her into the hug she so desperately needed. He didn’t even mind the tears soaking his shirt knowing that they belonged to Anya. He had wished for a moment like this, a breaking point in the silence they had.

He found himself smiling at her words, the translation coming out well for someone who knew so little. “Siempre,” He returned, placing a kiss on top of her head. The three of them had been through some tough shit, but each one of them had the other, even if it didn’t feel that way at times. They were his family here, and that label was hardly given to anyone. He was just glad to have his little slice of that family back.
PM
^
Anya Andrejczyk
 Posted: Jun 6 2018, 03:51 AM
RoyalA
16 AGE
366 POSTS
Junior

Elias' arms around her was everything she'd needed that she didn't even know about. Like old times, she soon crawled into his lap, her shoulder butting into him just so as she buried herself into his chest and clung to him. KTV was sure to capture this moment and use it against them later on, but Anya didn't care; Griffin would understand how much she'd needed this in the moment and she would tell him beforehand anyway; before KTV could ruin or spoil it.

She cried for a long while, both feeling bad for ruining another of Eli's shirts and also feeling a wave of relief wash over her small body. This was the breaking point they both needed to start on the path to a friendship again -- one without hesitation and awkward silences. This was the event, small though it was, that would direct them back to the right path to being family all over again. "I'm sorry for everything, Elias," she mumbled through tears. "I love you and I'm so sorry ..."

Elias Moreno-Garcia
PMEmail
^
Elias Moreno-Garcia
 Posted: Jun 15 2018, 11:54 AM
Knight
18 AGE
166 POSTS
Senior

Elias sat quietly, rubbing reassuring circles into her back and allowing her to sob. It wasn't the first time something like this happened, except recently he hoped for a moment exactly like this - to break the silence and the tension that hung over them for so long. He whispered reassuring words softly in her ear, some in English and some in Spanish, knowing that if she didn't understand the latter, she'd at least understand that it was meant to just calm her.

Eli shook his head, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead, "Love you too, Chiquita." He wouldn't say he didn't accept the apology, because even he felt he didn't deserve half of the bullshit that happened, but he knew that she was hurting just as much as he had. It was a bad situation and at even worse time, but the most important thing to him was that they got over whatever just happened. Family was forever, he knew, and he wasn't about to give her up easily. "I'm sorry, too," Eli started softly, "but it's okay. You're okay. We're okay."

They had to be.
PM
^
Anya Andrejczyk
 Posted: Jun 27 2018, 08:22 PM
RoyalA
16 AGE
366 POSTS
Junior

The familiar chiquita made Anya feel slightly better. If he was able to call her that, ten maybe things would be looking up from now on. She hoped it would, anyway. Anya wasn't sure if she could take any longer with not being able to talk to Eli or hang out with him any longer. She sighed softly and finally felt herself able to fully relax. Leaning into Eli's chest was familiar and warm and comfortable and now that she could do it again, now that she knew they weren't at war with each other, she felt so much better.

"Can you promise that we'll be okay, Eli? I don't want to go through with this again. I don't know that I could handle it. It doesn't feel good ... Not at all." She sniffled and gripped him a little bit harder. "I don't even remember what we'd been fighting about ..." She frowned and tilted her head up to look at him. "I just want things to stay good now. I don't like fighting with you, Elias."

Elias Moreno-Garcia
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Topsites
RPG-D Rockin Roleplay roleplay ads
Sister Sites
Static
Resolution
Scrolling