toggle

Add Reply
New Poll

Site Building, Opinions & Suggestions Wanted!
Emily
 Posted: May 8 2018, 11:01 PM
Admin
29 AGE
529 POSTS
graduated

things around the board

that we really would like input on

frequently asked questions

So Nat mentioned in the Discord a few weeks ago an idea about us getting together a thing with questions/answers concering the things that go on around the schools. Like how do the students get into their dorms, and other little tidbits that aren't really written up but should be common knowledge.

So in order to help us out with that, we'd love for you guys to reply here with some questions you've had. Literally anything. We really want to make this site as welcoming and easy-going as possible to keep up with this amazing and lax group of RPers, but with a good site also comes good lore-building and setting. And we can't do that if we don't know what you guys want/need!

new directory

We'd also like to get a more user-friendly directory template out to you guys. Something more streamlined and character-access friendly. Again, we want your ideas on this as well. I've got a few in mind that i've mentioned to Nat, our resident coder, but member input is always, always helpful as well!

Anything else

We're always open to listening to other ides you guys have, so if you've got more ideas or suggestions for us, add them in with your replies to everything else and we'll see what we can do to make RPing here even better! <3

-- Emily and Nat <3

PMEmail
^
Adaryn Breslin
 Posted: May 8 2018, 11:41 PM
Knight
16 AGE
16 POSTS
Junior

Suggestions:

Okay, so this has been a thing that has bothered me immensely for a while and I have no clue if it is possible to fix but is there any way to make a custom div for the group color codes? so instead of having to insert the hex code every time, you could just type elite, royal, knight, etc? if this is possible, it would make apps, claims, etc a million times easier.

Also, in terms of directory, it would be fabulous to have hyper links to the character shippers?
PM
^
Jude Tian
 Posted: May 12 2018, 11:04 PM
Courtier
21 AGE
24 POSTS
KU Junior

A question I did have while reading over things when I first joined: what if you want to play a staff, faculty, or somebody who doesn't go to the school itself (like one of the cameramen of the reality show, for example). What group would those go into? Or are they just off limits/left as NPCs? (I understand if that's the case, I'm just curious.)

I agree that it would be amazing to just type in the group name instead of the hex color every time. I've seen some sites do it but I'm not savvy as to how.

The directory would be awesome if it had links to the shippers. I've had to hunt a few characters down while looking through the directory already! I like the ones that are like grids with neat rows of characters. It'd be cute if it kinda looked like a yearbook? Since this is a school based site.

I'm too new (I think) to add anything else right now but I hope that was helpful!

PM
^
Emily
 Posted: May 12 2018, 11:22 PM
Admin
29 AGE
529 POSTS
graduated

I can see what Nat can come up with regarding the member group colours. I think we've had that set up before, but I could be very wrong. That's definitely more Nat's deal than mine because I am not a coder xD

Links are definitely a thing we're going to add. We've both agreed that not having them on there isn't exactly helpful -- the yearbook idea could actually be pretty neat, but again, Nat's the coder so we'll see!

As far as anyone who isn't a student, Nat and I have discussed this one lots of times in the course of the past six months. So far we're not coming up with ways to keep the focus on the school and the students if we add in adults -- be they staff, show staff, or even locals [including HS locals].

However, if anyone has any ways to keep the site's focus on Kingston and K-TV without detracting from that and making YM another sort of 'town site', we'd love to hear them -- we're always open to hearing new ideas and suggestions even if we end up not using them, because it can always spark some other muse for something else that you guys might enjoy!
PMEmail
^
Ivo Elzinga
 Posted: May 12 2018, 11:32 PM
Courtier
19 AGE
7 POSTS
KU Freshman

Awesome! I hope Nat will be able to work those things in. <3 I'm not a coder either so I don't know how to do things. I just like conceptualizing.

That's what I was thinking, in regards to the staff, show staff, etc. I think it's perfectly reasonable to keep the focus on the students. It was just something I was curious about. To keep things focused on the right thing, it's probably best to leave those others as NPCs.

I actually joined because of the reality show angle more so than anything else--I think that's what makes this place stand out/unique to the average real life/town site.

PMEmail
^
Nat
 Posted: May 13 2018, 09:22 AM
Admin
N/A AGE
57 POSTS
N/A

I'll take a look! I know it has something to do with span classes but I forgot how to do that so it might take me a bit to figure it out ._.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Topsites
RPG-D Rockin Roleplay
Sister Sites
Static
Resolution
Scrolling