|Young & Menace||Help Search Members Calendar Shoutbox|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
Posted: Oct 18 2017, 06:57 PM
Posted: Oct 18 2017, 06:57 PM
KINGSTON CAMPUS MAP
1. KPYA Main Building 2. Student/Staff Parking 3. School Fountain
4. Baseball/Softball Field 5. Lacrosse/Field Hockey/Practice Fields
6. Practice Soccer Field 7. Stables 8. Corral 9. Fenced Pasture
10. Abernathy Hall 11. Bancroft Hall 12. The Chapel 13. Track Field
14. Main Stadium 15. KU Main Building 16. Vanderbilt 17. Carnegie
18. Astor 19. Rockefeller 20. Hockey Arena 21. Dining Hall (1st Floor)
21. Health Center (2nd Floor) 22. Staff Residences 23. Gymnasium
23.Locker Rooms 24. Tennis Courts 25. Auditorium/Theater 26. Pool
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT 100% TO SCALE. It's just an approximation!
KINGSTON PREPARATORY FOR YOUNG ADULTS
Welcome to Kingston Preparatory Academy!
You have been selected out of thousands of students to join our growing number of students at KPYA/KU. I am delighted that you chose to represent our preparatory school/university l and will remind you that you are KPYA/KU's ambassador both on-camera and off-camera. Therefore I hope you take this position in our student body seriously, as KPYA/KU has developed a reputation over the years for its successful, ambitious, and passionate students.(Depending on your status at school, your letter will contain the following in your a different colour. Full tuition students (of notable families) get purple, scholarship students get blue, producer plants/regular students get green, and university students get red.)
I am incredibly honoured that you have chosen KPYA/KU as your school. From the time it has been founded to now, KPYA/KU has survived on the generosity and love that your families have shown to this school. It is a privilege to welcome you here now, and I sincerely hope that you enjoy your time at KPYA/KU.
As you may already know, KPYA was historically a school for wealthy and famous children to attain the highest education possible. As the school modernizes, we understand that we cannot ignore intelligent, hard-working, and gifted students such as yourself. As scholarship students of KPYA/KU, whether your craft is in the academics, in the sports, in the arts, or something else, we are happy to have you represent our school in such a way.
I must remind you that your tuition is primarily covered by the school. Again, I am very enthusiastic and interested in seeing what a group of talented individuals like yourself may do with KPYA/KU'S resources.
Regardless of social station or scholarship eligibility, KPYA/KU have become thoroughly equal-opportunity thanks to the generous nature of the K-TV producers. While other opportunities to attend our hallowed halls may have been reserved in the past for the well off, or the talented, I am happy to announce that K-TV has offered to pay your tuition and fees(and a generous amount of compensation in the form of a salary) based off of your audition video.
Your attendance at KPYA/KU has been made possible by your personality, and along with the K-TV producers, I am excited to see what sort of interest and ratings you are able to create from our loving audience. I must remind you, however, that here at KPYA/KU we do not promote any kind of illegal or harmful activities, and you will face consequences for any detrimental actions.
If you are receiving this letter now, it is because you are to continue your education at KPYA beyond the estimated four years of study by being accepted into our KU program. We applaud your decision to continue at KPYA because we believe that we provide the best opportunities for our students to become future leaders of the world. We here at KPYA/KU welcome you back with open arms.
I look forward to another wonderful year at KPYA and am excited to meet all of the new and returning faces.
Eric Van DammeKPYA Headmaster
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Students are not required to wear a daily school uniform. At KPYA students are allowed to bring and wear their own clothes. However, KPYA DOES establish a dress code.
• Clothing is to remain free of vulgar, explicit, racist, violent, sexually explicit and/or suggestive materials.
• Clothing is to remain suitable for school wear.
• Females' tops need not show excessive cleavage/skin.
• Females' skirts may not be any shorter than the tips of their fingers.
• Students need to bring appropriate clothing and shoes for dressing down for gym and/or sports practices.
• Students are to come to class prepared with all materials.
• Disruptions in class will not be permitted.
• Students need to remain in-class for the duration of the period unless permitted otherwise by an instructor.
• Absences from class are only permitted due to illness and/or special permission from a faculty member with written approval of the school nurse or a member of the KPYA faculty.
• Only water bottles are allowed inside of the classrooms. No other food or drink is permitted.
• Gum chewing is prohibited in Gym, Band, and Choral classes. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• Drugs and alcohol are strictly prohibited anywhere on campus. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• Weapons are strictly prohibited on campus grounds. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• The kitchen and staff are OFF LIMITS to students at all times.
• Students are prohibited from entering the staff dorms at any time except in the case of an emergency.
• Students are NOT allowed off-campus during class hours.
• Students MUST sign out at the front office when leaving campus.
• Students may return home on the weekends, but MUST be back in their dormitories at the specified time and they MUST sign out/in upon leaving/returning.
• Pets are NOT allowed on campus except with special written permission from the headmaster. Special needs pets will need to be registered at the front office prior to the first day of class.
• Only students aged sixteen (16) and older with a valid driver's licence may bring a vehicle to KPYA grounds. Students need to register their vehicle with the front office and have their parking permit hanging from their review mirror at all times
SCHEDULES AND CURFEWS
KPYA is on a block period, A & B day schedule. Each day is broken down into five (5) class periods. On day 'A' there will be five (5) separate one (1) hour classes. The next day 'B' will consist of the student's remaining set of five (5) classes.
Each student is required to take one (1) Social Studies/History class, one (1) English class, one (1) Math class, one (1) Science class, one (1) Physical Fitness class, and one (1) Language class. The other four (4) class slots are for free periods and/or electives. Free Periods (no class scheduled) are for junior/senior students only. AP Classes are only offered at the junior/senior level, although freshman/sophomores may take Honors classes if they so choose.
Periods 1/6: 9 AM - 10 AM
Periods 2/7: 10:15 AM - 11:15 AM
Lunch: 11:15 AM - 12:15 PM
Periods 3/8: 12:15 PM - 1:15 PM
Periods 4/9: 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Periods 5/10: 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM
After school activities (Sports, Extracurriculars, Clubs, etc) begin at 4:00 PM and end at the instructor's discretion.
• Dining Hall Hours: In-Class Days:
Breakfast: 7 AM to 9 AM
Lunch: 11:15 AM to 12:15 PM
Dinner: 5:30 PM to 8 PM
• Dining Hall Hours: Weekends and No-Class Days:
Breakfast: 7 AM to 10 AM
Lunch: 12 PM to 2 PM
Dinner: 5:30 PM to 8 PM
• Dormitory Curfews: In-Class Days:
In-Dorm Curfew: 11 PM
Co-ed Curfew: 10 PM (Opposite Sex MUST return to their own dorms at this time. NO EXCEPTIONS.)
• Dormitory Curfews: Weekends and No-Class Days:
In-Dorm Curfew: 12 AM
Co-ed Curfew: 11 PM (Opposite Sex MUST return to their own dorms at this time. NO EXCEPTIONS.)
• Campus Curfews: In-Class Days:
Campus Curfew: 9 PM (Students MUST be back on campus at this time. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.)
• Campus Curfews: Weekends and No-Class Days:
Campus Curfew: 11 PM (Students MUST be back on campus at this time. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.)
KINGSTON YEARLY CALENDAR
Posted: Oct 19 2017, 12:06 AM
Here at Kingston, we pride ourselves on hiring the best teachers for our students. Many come from highly respectable colleges and universities around the world and most of them have a Masters or Ph. D in their field of study. Even our coaches are of the highest quality of standards and some have even been on well-known teams across the globe. Each coach or teacher is available to talk during their in-office hours which can be found posted on their office doors. Please remember to make an appointment with staff beforehand and never bother them in the staff dorms. (For a more in-depth look at the NPC staff, please click here.)
Eric Van Damme
Dr. Edna Sullivan, PhD