Posted: Dec 5 2017, 08:50 AM
Royal
18 AGE
143 POSTS
junior

➳ Azura Ravenwood
➳  the basics

FULL NAME: azura tristin ravenwood
NICKNAMES: zuri, z, aurora (only by her annoying older siblings)
BIRTHDAY: 10/22/1999
PRONOUNS: she/her
GRADE: junior
GROUP: royal
PLAYBY: dua lipa
BIRTHPLACE: long island, new york
NATIONALITY: american
ETHNICITY: albanian/english

➳  the appearance

HEIGHT: 5'8"
WEIGHT: 128 lbs
HAIR COLOUR: dark brown
EYE COLOUR: light brown
TATTOOS: "only good vibes" under her left breast and "angel" on her right shoulder
PIERCINGS: silver spiral circular barbell ring on helix and normal ear piercings
SCARS: none
GLASSES/CONTACTS: contacts but always carries a pair of glasses in case of emergency
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: thick eyebrows, sultry voice

➳  the relationships

SEXUAL ORIENTATION: bisexual
ROMANTIC ORIENTATION: biromantic
PARENTS:
rolph ravenwood (architectural project manager, 55) & mirela ravenwood (actress/model, 40)

SIBLINGS:
knox ravenwood (28, lawyer)
heaven ravenwood (26, medical intern)

CHILDREN:
n/a

PETS:
ragdoll cat named cinna (4)

• OTHER FAMILY:
kelcey ravenwood (father's brother/attorney, 48) and extended paternal family

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: single
CURRENT PARTNER: n/a

➳  the health

PHYSICAL AILMENTS: n/a
NEUROLOGICAL AILMENTS: migraines
ALLERGIES: seasonal, nuts
CURRENT ADDICTIONS: finding herself
PAST ADDICTIONS: rebellion, the dark side
SMOKING: weed and cigs in the past
DRUGS: used to smoke
ALCOHOL: only when she's feeling stressed or overwhelmed

LIKES: staying focused, singing, harmonizing, fashion, traveling, spontaneity, the color black, equality, empowering and lifting up other women and her fellow human beings, swimming at night, animals, new foods, cheesy foods, Disney, cuddling, romance movies
DISLIKES: siblings, dark chocolate, bullies, out of tune instruments, not having socks on, food touching, overly greasy foods, nuts, Princess Aurora, Michael Myers, most horror movies, dull moments, animal cruelty, discrimination, racism/prejudice, asparagus, science

FEARS: closets or tight spaces, dying from an allergic reaction to nuts, not finding herself before she dies and being forgotten, Michael Myers
SECRET: claustrophobic ever since her siblings locked her in a closet all day long, terrified of Michael Myers after her siblings forced her to watch horror movies then scared her with his mask

➳  freeform
Living with two siblings who didn't quite enjoy your existence-literally-was difficult for young Azura. It wasn't her fault their mother and father didn't get along anymore leading to both parties divorcing and seeing different people. Those specific other people being Azura's mother and the masseuse. Also, it wasn't her choice her parents got too cozy during their honeymoon and she popped out nine months later. With all their bottled up frustrations, the duo teamed up and took all their anger out on their poor baby sister. More times than not, Azura became the victim of their pranks and insults from the old "you're adopted" line to endless body shaming to blue hair dye in her shampoo to the occasional "I hate you". She was living the life of a modern Cinderella in New York. The only twist was that prince charming never came... but who needs him anyways?

She had her fairy godmother, after all. Who graced her presence every time and again, showering relief as the school years came and her siblings were shipped off to Kingston Prep. The same school her parents respectably donated to every year. Something about her family being alumnis or close to it-that was the part of the annual Thanksgiving dinners back in Virginia that she cared and paid the least attention to. Why would a child find that amusing when they could be outside or on their tablet? Despite her unbearable siblings and her slightly absent parents, her curiosity never faded. She found the fun and adventure, the light, in many things that could easily be considered the opposite. Take her parents' absence for example. When it came to fashion week, instead of staying home, sometimes Azura was able to tag along and play dress up. When her father left the country for work, she had the opportunity to try new foods and desserts, if he let her follow. In other words, she made the world her own, even just for a little while.

During those depressing times where she was left with a nanny or the terrible two and all that time in between, music was her savior. She took voice lessons, piano lessons, and sung in her school's choir. It became another method to distract her from the reality of her situation. Come seventh grade, things changed. Like the whole world shifted. Azura had her first crush and never had imagined how much work actually went into managing it. She had to control herself from getting jealous when he was around other girls, had to let him know she was interested in him without him realizing she liked him... She even had to make friends with some of his friends so he'd know she existed and thought she was cool enough to hang around. Sadly that group of friends was the wrong group. They were the kids who snuck cigarettes and small bottles of liquor into school. The same kids who thought the world owed them something so they broke laws like shoplifting and forging their parents' signatures to get tattoos. She wasn't even in high school yet before she had her first tattoo close to a certain area.

Quickly, this group of kids became more than a way to get closer to her crush. They became her best friends, her family. With her vocals, they planned to start a band and all these other cool ideas but right before they could take their ideas to the next level, her parents forced her to a different school. Realizing changing schools wouldn't stop her from skipping classes to see her friends (which is partially why she had to repeat eight grade), her parents sent her to her uncle's in Virginia. With the change in location, there wasn't any way her friends could influence her to do other stupid things. All she could do was throw a tantrum and act like a complete brat. With all the luck and the miracle in the world, her uncle helped her realize that she couldn't do anything but accept the given circumstances. Her parents weren't going to allow her to come back home until she picked up her act and promised never to do those bad things again or speak to her former group of friends. Well, she couldn't promise anything and mean it without lying and crossing her fingers behind her back but she did clean her act up before high school rolled around.

There was just one little issue. It didn't matter anymore what she did, her parents thought it would be best to send her to Kingston Prep. She was doing so well and with the whole television show, perhaps they could gain something out of it. You can bet her mother was hoping she'd graduate with a job waiting at the end of her diploma something similar to an acting gig. So, not with the most positive attitude did the brunette start off her freshman year. She was homesick and she missed her old friends. Her first crush died out but yet again younger Azura appeared and helped her find the light in her situation-Taylor. Taylor was her first love. Unexpected but one that was much appreciated. They were originally classmates who were paired together which sparked their friendship, then somewhere in there they developed stronger feelings for one another and one day they kissed leading to a deep make out session. Any who, her girlfriend had chosen someone else over her after having dated half way into Sophomore year.

It's true that she felt a little bitter about what had happened but she let it go and gracefully moved on. She held onto the good memories and used that positive energy to get where she is now, on a journey to discover her true self. Finally, a purpose was solidified that would and currently is helping her push through school. Determining who the real Azura Ravenwood is, embracing whoever that may be, and finding what/who makes her happy.

➳  relationships
UPDATES: This chick here just got back a few weeks ago from a modeling gig in her headquarters of New York with some nice photos, an excused absence, a new tattoo, a new pep in her step, and a new haircut. Honestly, she's feeling herself (as she should) but that type of hype doesn't usually last long in a place like KPYA where the fans and cameras are always watching. Anywho...

➳ lovers:
Z's love life is currently none existent. It has nothing to do with the thought that she's not interested in dating. It has more to do with the fact that she isn't actively looking for someone to spend her time with romantically. That doesn't mean that she hasn't had a few flings over the past year since Taylor, nor does it mean that if someone were to approach she wouldn't give them a chance. Her only policy is that they respect her beliefs, accept her for who she is (even as she's still discovering herself), and make a conscious choice to treat all human beings like human beings with feelings and rights. If you do end up dating her, expect lots of cuddling.

Current love interests: TBA

➳ friends:
I'd imagine she'd have a decent amount of friends, true friends. Z's first year at KPYA was slow but she's opened up more since then which has given others the chance to see her fun and goofy side. Behind those pouty lips is a young woman who wants to help others and bring light to such a dark world. Who wouldn't want to be friends with someone like that? When she isn't saving the world one bully at a time, she's caught singing in the music room or shop cart racing in the local supermarket. Sometimes letting loose is all a girl needs.

Current friendships: Maggie Donovan, Alice Foster, Bailey Collins

➳ enemies:
This girl is fiercely loyal to her friends so anyone who comes at them is automatically on her hit list. Any bullies can also join because she knows firsthand how it feels to be the bullied and wouldn't wish to see someone go through the same thing. Perhaps old family rivals can be thrown into the mix. Her family's history with Kingston Prep goes pretty far back and none of them are saints, specifically her siblings. Any who, Azura either dishes a mean cold shoulder or a nasty serving of the truth to those who don't deserve to see her nice side.

Current enemies: TBA

➳ family:
I didn't want to dive too much into her family history besides the obvious immediate family information because I wanted to leave this section open. For example, Azura's paternal side of the family. Her father's family grew up in Virginia so there's more than enough room for a few cousins to attend KPYA/KU or any uncles/aunts to work there. The uncle she lived with for a year could be married to a professor, etc. I just wanted options to make things interesting for future reference so if you have any ideas, throw them at me.

Current family in VA: TBA

➳ SPIRIT
TIMEZONE: eastern
TRIGGERS: none
MATURE THREADING: tots comfortable with this
CONTACT INFO: pm or whatsapp
OTHER CHARACTERS: n/a
YOUR WRITING STYLE: I'm not sure how to describe my writing style. All I can say is that I prefer third person. I've always had an issue with keeping things present from past tense and vice versa but I generally role play using past and my length varies between 50-600 words.
PM
^
Emily
 Posted: Dec 9 2017, 07:53 PM
Admin
29 AGE
529 POSTS
graduated

➳ Accepted!

WELCOME TO YOUNG & MENACE!

We're excited, Azura Ravenwood, that you chose us as your new school. But don't worry, you won't have much time to think about things like settling in; drama is always around the corner and K-TV's eyes and ears are watching your every move and plotting how best to ruin your life on national television!

Please remember to submit all of your necessary information to the registrar's office before you go out and enjoy campus life and your new classes. We wouldn't want you to fall through the cracks, now would we?

I like her already! Go have fun with her and make her lots of friends!

PMEmail
^
Chloe Elliot
 Posted: Dec 19 2017, 08:01 PM

Azura ➳ ChloeIt seems like these two have some things in common (fashion, romance movies, supporting women). Chloe also hasn't been focusing on her love life, so I think having a friend who is also in that state of mind would be cool. Since she's older, I could see her wanting to be a sort of role model without it being a big deal. She's a big sister, so that comes sort of naturally to her, tbh. Oh, and Chloe will definitely ask her to be involved in the charity fashion show she's planning for the spring.
^
Azura Ravenwood
 Posted: Dec 20 2017, 12:01 AM
Royal
18 AGE
143 POSTS
junior

Azura ➳ Chloe

I'm totally down. Plus she could use a positive big sister role model since her actual sister was a complete nightmare. Also, she'd agree to the charity fashion show in a heartbeat.

Chloe Elliot
PM
^
Virginia Costanzo
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 11:02 AM

PLOT IDEAS
^
Azura Ravenwood
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 03:14 AM
Royal
18 AGE
143 POSTS
junior

Azura ➳ Ya Girls

Sorry about the late reply. Anywho, let's start with Gina. I can completely see Zuri falling for her softer side but blowing up her spot as soon as she finds out who she really is. Like playing cool just to get close enough to start drama is not cool. If she did see her at said party and depending on how hammered is too hammered (along with her personality), Z would have ended up making sure she made it back to her dorms safely. If the roles were switched, she'd want someone to watch out for her and then we can see where things go from there. Next up, Charlotte. If you're proposing that Z might be one of the few that sneaks through the cracks, there's a possibly that it could happen. She does have friends of many statuses, shapes, and sizes. Her only pet peeve in this case is how Charlotte uses her privilege. If she's willing to acknowledge it and use her power for the greater good, they would be potential friends. If she's more harsh than nice, specifically in Z's presence, perhaps not. It really depends on in thread chemistry. Alex and Zuri would make quick friends. I'd bet they even feed off of each other's energy whenever they're around one another. Zuri acting as the more calmer half while Alex is the more outrageous half.

Virginia Costanzo
PM
^
Azura Ravenwood
 Posted: May 11 2018, 11:53 PM
Royal
18 AGE
143 POSTS
junior

UPDATED~
PM
^
Kittichat Jaipetch
 Posted: May 16 2018, 06:24 AM
Royal
Seventeen AGE
22 POSTS
Junior

Mic➳ Azura

Hi, so, it seems we have two fluffballs who should definitely team up to make the world a better place. Kittichat (though, Mic, please, no-one can butcher Mic) is from a Thai family with fame comparable to that of the Karadshians. Only they're less crazy, or so he says. Charity work is a big thing for them; they're influencers with a heart and he's been unofficially dubbed the prince of the hill tribes.He's also the biggest baby when it comes to ghost stories and horror movies. They could hold each other and cry through any torturous attempts to force them to watch, she's not alone in being a scaredy cat.

He only started at KPYA this year following a major injury that stopped his career in it's tracks, at least for now; he's the first to admit he'll never reach his full potential as a dancer now. A year with practice completely off the table has probably set him back to where he was 8 or 9 years ago, he just doesn't know until he gets the all clear to start lessons again. He was probably still hobbling around, all strapped up and looking sorry for himself when she first met him. I'm not sure how well they would know each other, but I feel like maybe they really should?

PM
^
Azura Ravenwood
 Posted: May 16 2018, 07:26 PM
Royal
18 AGE
143 POSTS
junior

I tots approve! Zuri would complete and utterly encourage him to pursue dancing again. Like his personal little cheerleader because she could understand and sympathize that dancing and performing used to be an important part of his life. If it comes down to it, they'll dance together, and though she only really dances when partying or simply enjoying herself (she isn't good enough to join a dance battle is what I'm getting at), she would at least try to teach herself some bomb ass moves to then teach him.

Knowing Zuri, she would absolutely love to get to know him and more about him as well as show him what she's all about. Her heart would immediately go out for him when she saw him hobbling but know instantly, that they could be some of the coolest cats around. If someone forces her to watch a horror movie, he would be the first person she would call for help so she wouldn't suffer alone. They are going to be so cute :3
PM
^
Mikaere Anaru
 Posted: May 18 2018, 11:49 PM
Knight
16 AGE
16 POSTS
11/Junior

Azura➳ Mika

Ah, another one with the simple appreciation of singing! I present my newest associate, Mika. He's a singer by talent (male lead for the glee club and member of the a Capella) and practically unaware of American teen life by association. His life until this point has consisted of losing his parents, nearly being sent into the orphanage system in New Zealand, living on campus as a scholarship benefit/semi-Academy adopted teen, and being tutored privately during his first year here. He's had zero interaction with the student body, apart from his foray into the singing clubs so I think that's where he and Azura could relate to one another. He's never really had a friend who could really understand the safety that signing brings him, especially as an answer to a not so pleasant past. Let me know what you think!Azura Ravenwood

OOC: Also hi!! I think I've seen you on the discord chat, but every time I've come on you've just left lol!

PM
^
Azura Ravenwood
 Posted: May 20 2018, 05:14 PM
Royal
18 AGE
143 POSTS
junior

Sooo, somehow you just happen to have a character from New Zealand which happens to be one place I dream of traveling to one day, meaning you're a mind reading. Cool cool. On a more serious note, Zuri would feel honored to be his friend and would be his friend not only because they can relate to one another but because she has a kind heart. She would want to understand his situation and might have even asked out of pure curiousity why he choose to be privately tutored versus just regularly attended classes with everyone. To help him socialize, she had probably invited him on several occasions to hang out with her other friends and used him as her plus one to parties.
PM
^
Mikaere Anaru
 Posted: May 26 2018, 07:07 PM
Knight
16 AGE
16 POSTS
11/Junior

Apologies for not getting to this sooner, but thanks for reminding me! I tend to create a lot of foreign chars for some variety, so thank you lol! Anywhoooo, I totally agree! He's especially shy when it comes to speaking to girls, but the fact that Azura's with him on both the A capella and Glee clubs would certainly help him open up. Since she's so kind, I think he'd especially appreciate her as the sister he never had and consider her his bestie. ^^

Threadwise, I'm always up for a thread that possibly involves them at one of the clubs? Juat a suggestion! ^^
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Topsites
RPG-D Rockin Roleplay
Sister Sites
Static
Resolution
Scrolling